Monday, March 14, 2011

Starting Point

Thursday night I had class and by the time I got home I had bitten/chipped off nearly all of my nail polish.  Which is not a new occurrence, but I figured it would mark the perfect starting point for my new goal.  So heads up, this isn't pretty:

I know, right?  Look at those cuticles.

I didn't even try to put on lotion or anything, because let's be honest, I have a problem that I've been working on for years and this is still what my hands look like on a normal basis.  It isn't as bad as it could be (or has been in the past) but I'm working to make it awesome.

So anyway, this is my starting point.  And to begin I decided to try a matte royal blue.  


Not too shabby, right?  They don't look terrible when the polish is on.  

Products used:
Sally Hansen Age Correct Growth Treatment (I've been using this for years and I love it long time) as basecoat
Revlon Top Speed in Royal
Essie Matte About You topcoat

I painted these on Friday afternoon and they lasted until... today.  They were chipped up by Saturday, and I tried repairing them but by my shower this morning my repairs had worn off and I chipped the rest off all by myself while wandering through a book store.  

This is going to be harder than I thought.

It looked nice while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment