Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Premiere

I went to see Harry Potter last night.  The movie was awesome, and so was using it as an excuse to make some fun new things!  I painted these nails on Tuesday, which was pretty ambitious of me (believing that they'd last that long), but the good news is... they did survive!  With only a few small chips.

Once again, the design looked much much better in my mind than in actuality.  I was inspired by the last battle between Harry and Voldemort, shown here:


Here's what I ended up with:

Ignore that black splotch, it's fabric paint from the t-shirt I made




If you can't tell, it's supposed to be the two wands and their stream/spells reaching across and colliding together.  And on my thumbs I have HP in gold and silver.  

I think it turned out ok.  My friends really loved it.  I also tried a splatter background for the first time, and I think with practice that's going to be a new technique I use fairly often.  

Also thanks to my awesome fiance for taking these (and bout 40 other) photos for me, since it was impossible for me to do.  

Products used:
Zoya Kelly
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Pronto Purple
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Wet Cement
Pure Ice in Frosted Ice Celestial
LA Girl Disco Brites in Can U Dig It?
LA Colors Art Deco in Bright Green
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in Silver, Gold and Red
Seche Vite Topcoat

1 comment: