Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Camera Failed Me

I have tried SO HARD over the course of two days and so many different settings and locations to catch the True Color of this manicure, and it just won't happen.  Indoor, outdoor, flash, no flash, macro, far away, I just can't get it recorded.

When I bought Love & Beauty Light Grey, I assumed it would look as it does in the bottle- grey with pink shimmer- but as a sheer.  So when I went over to a friend's house on Sunday to watch True Blood, I grabbed it and Zoya Kelly, figuring I'd layer the sheer on top of the darker grey-purple.

And it caught me totally off guard!  Light Grey (what a dull, boring name) is not very sheer at all!  I can't wait to swatch it on bare nails and see what it looks like alone.  On top of Kelly it creates this amazing gunmental metallic pink/grey duochrome feel and it is AMAZING!  I just haven't been able to capture the pink shimmer at all on my camera, so you'll have to take my word for it how awesome these colors are together.

This was as close as I could get to capturing the pink.

If you look reeeeally closely you can see some pink shimmers.


I do love the gunmetal metallic going on here.

Products Used:
Zoya Kelly
Forever 21 Love & Beauty in Light Grey
Base/Top coat: Sally Hansen Double Duty


Bonus photo of my awesome new bracelet:


It's made by a local artisan (website) out of old antique silverware.  My particular design is from a set from 1938!  If you're local to Portland or Eugene, Oregon, and you can make it down to the Eugene Saturday Market, definitely go check out Ben's booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment